One of the things to come out of third wave feminism and the sexual revolution are eating disorders.
Danielle’s Place is a non-profit organization that provides support services for eating disorders. Danielle’s Place was founded in memory of Danielle Mayeur, who passed away from anorexia in 2001. Danielle wanted a support group that would prevent other people from going through what she had gone through.
There are several warning signs that accompany an eating disorder.
- An impulsive focus on healthy food and nutrition.
- A sudden interest in reading food labels to check fat grams and calories.
- Starting diets to lose weight or become healthier.
- Skipping meals.
- Lying about foods you’ve eaten, when they’ve been eaten and how much you’ve eaten.
- Worrying about weight and being dissatisfied with how they look.
- Drinking excessive amounts of water or liquid that have no calories (in order to feel full)
- Poor concentration.